Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
I collected quite a few apples and pears from my workplace last week (no, I don't work in a fruit farm, but the company where I work for is kind enough to distribute fruits to all its employee daily in an effort to promote healthy eating plan). Not wanting to waste them, I came up with an idea to make tomato and apple salad with grilled prawns. The outcome was surprisingly delectable though there's always room for improvement on taste and flavour. I had it with toasted baguette slice for dinner and I like it.
Easy to make recipe:
1. Cut 2 tomatoes into wedges
2. Cut 1/2 capsicum into smaller chunks
3. 3-4 cloves of garlic
4. Mix 1, 2, 3 in a bowl and season with salt, pepper, chilli powder, and a dash of cooking oil
5. Wrap it in a foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes (ahh, the aroma of grilled/baked vege!!)
6. Cut apples into small cubes and set aside.
7. Season prawn with salt, and pepper.
8. Heat the greased pan and grill the prawns until lightly browned
9. Unwrap the foil and pour the baked vegetable into a bowl. Make sure the tomato, capsicum and garlic are soft enough to be mashed. Then stir-in the cubed apples
10. Arrange the prawns around the so-called "tomato and apple salad", ready to serve!!
It's an explosion of flavour in the mouth, the sweetness from the apples, sourness from the tomatoes, crispy and juicy texture from the prawns with an earthy smell....all at the same time!
Friday, February 17, 2012
red pitaya or more commonly known as the dragon fruit and a mandarin orange. It surely filled up my tummy after finishing a plateful of fruits.
Monday, February 13, 2012
Happy Valentine's Day!
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none
~ William Shakespeare ~
After much persistent persuasion, I finally convinced Nique to visit 1st Avenue Mall after its grand opening. It was my second visit to the mall and there were definitely more retailers than before. I like the atmosphere and layout because it's easy to window-shop without getting lost and confused. Though I had my eyes on a couple of items, no purchase was made since I was not sure about my desire and need for those items. Before we left the mall, Nique requested for Old Town's famous toasted bread with kaya spread and so we ended up in Old Town White Coffee cafe to have a little snack! I love Old Town white coffee minus the froth.
Saturday, February 11, 2012
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
I had one sweet potato sitting on my kitchen top for almost a week and I didn't know what to do with it. At last, I decided to make baked spicy sweet potato chips for snack. Easy-peasy and all done in a jiffy....yum!
However, it didn't turn out crispy enough. Perhaps I should bake it a little longer next time.
Then, I felt like getting drunk, so I had a can of Anglia Shandy - all by myself! But no, it didn't get me drunk. I just wanted to have something lemony to quench my thirst and this was the only drink I have in the fridge.
Sweet potato chips:
- Sweet potato - thinly sliced
- Seasoning: Salt, chilli powder, a dash of cooking oil.