I collected quite a few apples and pears from my workplace last week (no, I don't work in a fruit farm, but the company where I work for is kind enough to distribute fruits to all its employee daily in an effort to promote healthy eating plan). Not wanting to waste them, I came up with an idea to make tomato and apple salad with grilled prawns. The outcome was surprisingly delectable though there's always room for improvement on taste and flavour. I had it with toasted baguette slice for dinner and I like it.
Easy to make recipe:
1. Cut 2 tomatoes into wedges
2. Cut 1/2 capsicum into smaller chunks
3. 3-4 cloves of garlic
4. Mix 1, 2, 3 in a bowl and season with salt, pepper, chilli powder, and a dash of cooking oil
5. Wrap it in a foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes (ahh, the aroma of grilled/baked vege!!)
6. Cut apples into small cubes and set aside.
7. Season prawn with salt, and pepper.
8. Heat the greased pan and grill the prawns until lightly browned
9. Unwrap the foil and pour the baked vegetable into a bowl. Make sure the tomato, capsicum and garlic are soft enough to be mashed. Then stir-in the cubed apples
10. Arrange the prawns around the so-called "tomato and apple salad", ready to serve!!
It's an explosion of flavour in the mouth, the sweetness from the apples, sourness from the tomatoes, crispy and juicy texture from the prawns with an earthy smell....all at the same time!